PDA

View Full Version : What's the license/availability going to be for Inspector?

ccg
9 Jul 2015, 3:27 PM
Sencha's add-on panel for Chrome Dev Tools is awesome, and it was a free download. But with this new Sencha Inspector, all this 30-day-trial, fill-out-a-sales-lead-form-to-download-it stuff makes me think that this one is not going to be so easily obtainable. Will it require Ext JS Standard or Pro or what?

What about users of the free-for-commercial-use Sencha Touch 2.x? Will they be able to get it and use it?

I've kept my Sencha Complete subscription active -- will I be grandfathered in?

arthurakay
10 Jul 2015, 6:19 AM
Unlike the Chrome plugin, Sencha Inspector will require a paid license. It will be tied to an ExtJs or Touch license, though I don't know if we have made the specifics public yet.

ccg
10 Jul 2015, 8:12 AM
Thanks, Art. Nice work on Inspector!

tgk121
10 Jul 2015, 11:57 AM
Just to piggyback on Art's comment, you will be grandfathered in if you're a Complete customer with current support. All Complete customers with support get free migration to Ext JS 6 Pro which includes Inspector among other things. Hope that helps!

Edit: Since I posted this back in July, the company decided to make Inspector available in Premium only. We honored anyone who migrated during the two-week period it was advertised as included in Pro. For a full and current breakdown in the Ext JS licenses, view https://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/newpkg/

WeeJavaDude
14 Jul 2015, 2:33 PM
Hmmm what is the difference between the Chrome Inspector and this?

arthurakay
14 Jul 2015, 3:20 PM
Hmmm what is the difference between the Chrome Inspector and this?

There's quite a bit of new functionality that doesn't exist in the Chrome plugin... and much more on the way. Not to mention the ability to debug apps in ANY browser, not just Chrome.