PDA

View Full Version : Compilation error in Core.gwt.xml

aldib
24 Mar 2014, 12:18 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to migrate my project to GWT 2.6 and GXT 3.1 Beta and I'm running into few problems.
They might be related to my setup but I thought I'd post the exception in case someone else has seen it.

This is the exception:

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Generated message class "com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.RemoteMessageProto$Message$Builder" missing method "getRequestBuilder".
at com.google.gwt.dev.protobuf.GeneratedMessage.getMethodOrDie(GeneratedMessage.java:1417)
at com.google.gwt.dev.protobuf.GeneratedMessage.access$1300(GeneratedMessage.java:57)
at com.google.gwt.dev.protobuf.GeneratedMessage$FieldAccessorTable$SingularMessageFieldAccessor.<init>(GeneratedMessage.java:1854)
at com.google.gwt.dev.protobuf.GeneratedMessage$FieldAccessorTable.ensureFieldAccessorsInitialized(GeneratedMessage.java:1511)
at com.google.gwt.dev.protobuf.GeneratedMessage$FieldAccessorTable.<init>(GeneratedMessage.java:1467)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.RemoteMessageProto$1.assignDescriptors(RemoteMessageProto.java:10628)
at com.google.gwt.dev.protobuf.Descriptors$FileDescriptor.internalBuildGeneratedFileFrom(Descriptors.java:305)
at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.remoteui.RemoteMessageProto.<clinit>(RemoteMessageProto.java:10853)

and this is the compilation error:

Loading inherited module 'com.sencha.gxt.ui.GXT'
Loading inherited module 'com.sencha.gxt.data.Data'
Loading inherited module 'com.sencha.gxt.core.Core'
[ERROR] The value ie10 was not previously defined.
[ERROR] Line 76: Unexpected exception while processing element 'set-property'

Has anybody seen these errors before? If so, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alessandro

aldib
24 Mar 2014, 3:10 AM
Hi,

I found the problem and I'm posting the solution in case someone else has the same issue.

I had the eclipse plugin installed for GWT 2.5 and when I upgraded it to 2.6 it installed the new GWT 2.6 SDK.

However, the default SDK to be used (Preferences > Google > Web Toolkit) was left unchanged.

Hence, when launching the client from eclipse, I was running GXT 3.1 Beta against GWT 2.5 .

Removing GWT 2.5 SDK and cleaning up the projects fixed the problem.

Alessandro