PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Cannot save or delete a fiddle

halcwb
22 Nov 2013, 8:19 AM
A fiddle I created I could not save, the save mask stayed on. The same problem when deleting the fiddle, the id was 1log. I tried it as second time with id 1hog, this worked.

halcwb
10 Dec 2013, 7:26 AM
As I am typing this, a Fiddle just created shows a saving mask but remains unresponsive.

Luckily, luckily I copied my code first. When I refreshed the Fiddle, the Fiddle was saved, the title, but not the code itself.

Well *&^***(, the whole fiddle is gone after all ;-(((((

burnnat
10 Dec 2013, 9:07 AM
I had this happen to me once before too, but I couldn't figure out what the circumstances were that caused it and wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

halcwb
10 Dec 2013, 10:00 AM
I had this happen to me once before too, but I couldn't figure out what the circumstances were that caused it and wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

I think it happens when you start fiddle by opening up an existing fiddle and create a new fiddle. Because I always forget the link to fiddle, I tend to do this.

burnnat
10 Dec 2013, 11:50 AM
I think it happens when you start fiddle by opening up an existing fiddle and create a new fiddle. Because I always forget the link to fiddle, I tend to do this.
Well look at that... you're absolutely right! :)

This led me to another possibly related issue: if I first open another user's fiddle and then click the "New Fiddle" button, I don't get any save button on the toolbar like I would have when starting a new fiddle in its own page.

Also, opening a fiddle and then clicking "New Fiddle" leaves the title and description of the old fiddle in place, which is unexpected. Sounds like there's definitely something wrong with the "New Fiddle" operation that needs to be looked at. ;)

mitchellsimoens
18 Dec 2013, 6:17 AM
This led me to another possibly related issue: if I first open another user's fiddle and then click the "New Fiddle" button, I don't get any save button on the toolbar like I would have when starting a new fiddle in its own page.

The save button functionality has been reworked for Fiddle 1.1

Also, opening a fiddle and then clicking "New Fiddle" leaves the title and description of the old fiddle in place, which is unexpected. Sounds like there's definitely something wrong with the "New Fiddle" operation that needs to be looked at. ;)

This has also been fixed for Fiddle 1.1

As for the main issue here. I'm going to do some investigating into this.

burnnat
18 Dec 2013, 6:46 AM
The save button functionality has been reworked for Fiddle 1.1

This has also been fixed for Fiddle 1.1

Glad to hear - thanks, Mitchell. :)

mitchellsimoens
18 Dec 2013, 6:49 AM
I did find a bug in the saving a fiddle a new fiddle after loading another fiddle. It was still sending the old resources so clearing out the tree store fixes it. This will be fixed for Fiddle 1.1. I hope to have a couple colleagues do a smoke test this week so we can ship Fiddle 1.1 before xmas :)