View Full Version : [NOREPRO] Slider issue with IE10

4 Jan 2013, 3:07 AM

Trying to drag a slider doesn't work very well in IE10.

Try out the following example in IE10:

(http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-3.4.0/examples/slider/slider-field.html)It will drag for a bit then it stops responding

4 Jan 2013, 7:03 AM
I tried with each slider moving each for 15 seconds and then went through each in a different order for another 15 seconds and it all worked perfectly for me with IE10 on Windows 8

7 Jan 2013, 2:00 AM
I have attached a video of the bug being reproduced in the example I posted in my original post.

Browser is IE 10, browser mode is IE10 and document mode is Quirks.

3 Apr 2013, 5:01 AM
I'm experiencing the exact same problem as georgc wrt to the example. We're are also using 3.4 in an application and can't move the slider at all. I can click to move it to a value, but I can't drag it to another value. This is Windows 8 and IE10. I've looked at the fixes for IE10 and think I inserted them as required. But, this slider problem still exists in IE10.

3 Apr 2013, 5:12 AM
Do remember, Ext JS 3.4.1 came out before IE10 so IE10 is not yet supported. We will be having a 3.4.1a release to support IE10

3 Apr 2013, 5:15 AM
Okay, just to ask when that might be expected? Also, just wanted to add that in the slider example, if I click on the slider, the thumb will move to that point. It's just that dragging support for the thumb is lacking. If you have a suggestion for a work around, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

3 Apr 2013, 8:49 AM
(sorry if I'm duplicating this reply)

I found that folks were experiencing the same problem in IE9 in this post:


So I copied the override code, modified it to also account for IE10:

var isIE9plus = Ext.isIE && ((/msie 9/.test(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase())) ||
(/msie 10/.test(navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase()))) && document.documentMode != 6;
if (this.active && Ext.isIE && !isIE9plus && !e.browserEvent.button) {

added a reference to it in my web index.php file, and it worked. I can now drag the slider thumb in my web page app to change the value in IE10.

So, if folks are having similar problems, here's a possible fix. BTW, I did also go to ext-base-debug.js and ext-all-debug.js files and made some changes there to account for IE10, though it wasn't until I added this override code that the slider worked as expected.