View Full Version : Problems with DomQuery Advanced

30 Nov 2010, 11:20 PM

I am just starting to learn ExtJS and I am finding the Sencha tutorials very helpful in getting me started on my learning. However, there is one tutorial that I have been trying but unable to get working. When I load the page, there is no error so I wonder what I did wrong.

The code is here:


The only thing I did differently was to comment out this line (since I don't have the file):
<script type="text/javascript" src="../js/firebug/firebug.js"></script>

Your help and advice will be most appreciated!

Chin Chin

1 Dec 2010, 12:16 AM
The example looks outdated (created in 2007). Change the includes to:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://extjs.cachefly.net/ext-3.3.0/adapter/ext/ext-base-debug.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://extjs.cachefly.net/ext-3.3.0/ext-all-debug.js"></script>

1 Dec 2010, 12:20 AM
You an play with DomQuery calls on the Firebug command line to experiment with what selectors do, and what kind of objects are returned.

1 Dec 2010, 12:39 AM
Thanks all for your advice. I am using the ext 3.3.0 already.

Anyway, I found that the <head> and <body> were place at incorrect places of the code. The <head> should covered the JS part and not end before the JS functions. The <body> should start only after the JS portion. After those changes, the code works fine!